Friday, January 18, 2013

Red Heart Necklace

I have had a lot of people tell me they love this piece and I do as well. The colour is beautiful and its not too overwhelming when worn which I guess you can tell by now is my style of jewellery and accessories. I don't like when it looks like you are covered in jewellery I would rather have a stunning understated piece so that's what I make.

I bought the pendant for this necklace about 4 years ago when I was in London and found a great little bead shop called Bead Aura in Neal's Yard. I just so happened to stumble upon a sale when I was there so I bought so many pieces it was about 2 years until I got around to using this heart. I think I spent about 2 hours in the shopping and I ended up with quite a few of these hearts in loads of different colours. Red was a very different colour for me to use which is probably why I left it so long to use.

I have recently submitted this piece into a Valentines themed contest run by Make Jewellery Magazine on their online forum.




Please feel free to leave comments on any post, due to spamming I have to moderate them first but don't let that stop you from submitting one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love getting feedback on my posts.