Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tutorial: Copper Spike Necklace


I made this necklace a little while ago and put together a tutorial to show how I made it after a lot of interest when I showed it off on pinterest and other places. Let me know if you try it out in the comments below, I love seeing peoples takes on my tutorials.

What you need: 

1: Heavy Gauge Copper Wire (I've used 3mm Here)

2: Glass Beads (Choose your colour)

3: A Ruler

4: Hammer and Metal Block




Measure out one piece of wire to 1.5 inches, two pieces to 1 1/4 inches & two final pieces to 1 inch in length. 







Cut the pieces of wire to the required lengths.










Hammer flat about a third of the way up each length of wire.








Add a bead onto each length of wire deciding which pieces you want where. If the bead falls too far over the hammered piece then extend the hammering slightly higher.






Make a loop at the top of each piece of wire and slide all five pieces onto another piece of copper wire about 1.5 inches long. Loop the ends of this piece also. You can now attach chain to either side of the pendant and your done. 

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOH! Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome let me know if you try it out

      Delete

Please leave a comment I love getting feedback on my posts.