Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Latest Trend: Loom Bands

If you haven't heard of loom bands I don't know how. They are absulutly everywhere at the moment and mostly made by very young children. Its amazing to watch them pick up the skill and make the bracelets so quickly. I hadn't gotten the bug to try them just yet. Until today. 




I picked up the latest issue of Making Jewellery Magazine and free with the issue was a pack of loom bands. Having watched my little cousin (who's 6) master this skill I figured its time I give it a go. 


So I also picked up a loom set and a packet of black and white coloured bands to have a good go at trying to master these bracelets. I have been teaching my little cousin jewellery skills for the last year or so and she may end up having to teach me how to use the loom. 

Hopefully in the next few days I will have a few photos to show you what I have made. Have you tried the loom bands? 


I will leave you with a picture of the bands made my by little cousin. Hopefully I will have something resembling these when I'm done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love getting feedback on my posts.